The History of Café 1505

In 1991 the doors opened to the current Café 1505 space under the name La Boulangerie. In 1995 the original owner of East Towne Square Mall took over the restaurant and in 1999 the name officially changed to Café 1505. In 2007 the restaurant was sold to Bill Ledger, who was the general manager for the previous five years, and the reigns of the heart of the house were handed over to long-time Chef Ken Kohls. Over that time Café 1505 has become an influential and well known establishment in the Mequon and metro Milwaukee communities.

In the past five years Café 1505 has been recognized in several major local, national, and international publications. From being named as a “Best Breakfast” in Milwaukee Magazine, “Best Brunch” in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel by critic Carol Deptolla, “Best Breakfast” by Dennis Getto, formerly of the Milwaukee Journal, to a feature on our Cold Creamy Cucumber Soup in Gourmet Magazine the team at Café 1505 is always striving to be the very best…and then some!

In addition to the numerous accolades, Café 1505 believes in giving back to the community. Through our café cares program, we have been able to donate over $10,000 to date and raise tens of thousands of dollars with Café sponsored events—our most recent event raising over $7,000 for Girls On The Run Milwaukee. The giving is as small as a gift certificate to a local church or charity to being the exclusive restaurant representative for the Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse for the last three years running. One of our most important donations came for a fellow, local restaurateur who was fighting a battle with breast cancer.

The story of Café 1505 starts with the people that make it what it is every day. The attitude and energy permeates the community and touches the lives of tens of thousands of people each year. Our commitment to our mission of creating raving fans goes well beyond our four walls.